Thursday, June 28, 2007

Moments of Joy

Merriam-Webster definition ~
Main Entry: 1joy
Pronunciation: 'joiFunction: noun1 a: the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires: DELIGHT b: the expression or exhibition of such emotion: GAIETY2: a state of happiness or felicity: BLISS3: a source or cause of delight

True joy. Do we all have it? I mean really. Other then the obvious which is our family and friends. What gives you joy?
It’s so funny because I was thinking about this the other day and it just happened to be the subject of the morning radio show I listen to today. Share your moments of joy. Excluding the obvious.
I was thinking and other then the obvious I couldn’t come up with anything. What does that say about me?
I’m not ungrateful for the things, the people I have in my life. I know I am truly blessed. But really my joy, my true joy comes from my kids, my grandbaby, my hubby, my family and friends. These budding relationships I have with each and every one of these people.
Is that enough? Should I be searching for more? Or is it something within myself that’s holding me back from experiencing life the way it should be?
This seemed like such a simple question until the boundaries for the answer were set.
Hmm... I don’t know.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP